Estimate Your Cost of Care
This page has online tools to assist you in creating your own estimate.
Do you find it frustrating to figure out your cost of care? The cost of healthcare is complicated, and understanding things like out-of-pocket expenses and, if you have insurance, how much it will cover for health services and treatments can be confusing. We have dedicated resources in place to help you plan your care and estimate the cost of your healthcare services.
We accept most primary insurance plans including Medicare, Medicaid, auto accident, workers’ compensation and commercial insurance. View a list of participating providers and insurance plans in Mission Health here.
If you do not have medical insurance coverage, we may apply a discount on certain services. Some discounts are unique to a patient’s circumstances, and could vary from the estimate provided online using the Patient Payment Estimator tool.
Insurance information is only available for Mission Employed and Mission Affiliated physicians. Some insurers may offer plans with limited network and geographical restrictions; however, emergency care is always in network. Consult your providers' office and/or insurance provider for your plan's specifics.
Obtaining an Estimate
Request an estimated payment amount for an upcoming service at:
- Angel Medical Center
- Asheville Specialty Hospital
- Blue Ridge Regional Hospital
- CarePartners Rehabilitation Hospital
- Highlands-Cashiers Hospital
- Mission Hospital
- Mission Hospital McDowell
- Mission Imaging
- Transylvania Regional Hospital
Talk to a customer representative by phone. You can speak with a customer representative by phone for a Preregistration Consultation for services, treatments and health plans that may not be available using the online patient pricing estimator tool. Call 828-213-9634.
What You Need for Your Cost Estimate
During the cost estimating process, our team will learn more about you and your potential individual and family insurance benefits (if applicable) to provide a more accurate representation of your estimated financial obligation based on your coverage. Please have the following information available when obtaining your estimate:
- Description of Services or Current Procedural Technology (CPT) Code – Many surgery and procedure names sound similar. It’s helpful to provide the Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) code, which you can find on your physician’s order. If you cannot provide the CPT code, contact your physician's office for the CPT or a detailed description of the services.
- Inpatient vs. Outpatient Status – Your status as inpatient (a patient who stays in the hospital while under treatment) or outpatient (patient who receives medical treatment without being admitted to a hospital) may affect how you are billed, what your insurance will cover, what amount of discount we may apply if you do not have insurance and what amount you may owe.
- Insurance Information – If you have insurance, the amount it will cover varies depending on your insurance company’s benefits and your specific health plan policy. Please have the following insurance plan information available so that we can better serve you:
- Member ID number
- Group number
- Policyholder's name
- Insurance company’s name
- Insurance company phone number
- Type of plan (HMO, POS, PPO, Indemnity)
Important Information Regarding Your Cost Estimate | Before using this cost estimation tool, please carefully consider the following information. By clicking the ‘Yes, I accept’ button below, you are acknowledging that you have read the information below, and that you are accessing this tool solely for the informational purpose of determining your estimated costs associated with healthcare services. You should not avoid getting care that you need based on the informational cost estimates on this site. This tool provides informational cost estimates for non-emergent services. In the case of an emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
Please keep in mind that the costs provided in this tool are informational cost estimates only and are not a guarantee of what you will actually be charged. The informational cost estimates are informed by the selected healthcare provider’s contract rates/fee schedule with your insurance carrier, as applicable, and are a general price estimate of the selected services. If you do not have medical insurance coverage, we may apply a discount on certain services. Some discounts are unique to a patient’s circumstances, and could vary from the estimate provided online using the Patient Payment Estimator tool. Your actual costs will be different (higher or lower) than the estimates on this cost estimation site for various reasons, such as:
- If the location of where your services are ultimately received differs from what is assumed during the estimation process.
- If your year-to-date benefit information changes from the time at which you receive the informational cost estimates and the ultimate time at which you receive care.
- If your healthcare provider’s contract with your insurance carrier changes.
- If you have a unique insurance plan design that is not currently supported by this tool.
- If you do not have insurance and a different or additional discount was applied to your account.
This cost estimation site may not capture all services offered by Mission Health. For any questions about services offered by Mission Health, please contact 828-213-9634. Further, the informational cost estimates may not include certain physician charges (e.g. office visit, surgeon, anesthesiologist, emergency room physician, radiologist, pathologist, consulting physicians, etc.).
Nothing on this site guarantees eligibility, coverage, or payment, or determines or guarantees the benefits, limitations or exclusions of your insurance coverage. If you have insurance, your coverage will ultimately determine the amount you owe (including deductibles, co-pay, co-insurance, and out-of-pocket maximums). In all cases, you will be responsible for the cost of services not covered by your insurance plan. For a complete description of the details of your insurance coverage, please refer to your coverage information from your healthcare insurance carrier.
For more information on how your informational cost estimates were determined, please contact 828-213-9634.
When using this cost estimation tool, your information will be transmitted over a medium that may be beyond the control and jurisdiction of Mission Health. Accordingly, Mission Health or any of its affiliates assume no liability for or relating to the delay, failure, interruption, corruption or loss of any data or other information transmitted in connection with use of this cost estimation tool.