- Dedicated 12-bed Pediatric ER that offers the only board-certified pediatric emergency medicine physicians in western North Carolina.
- 51-bed, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) provides lifesaving care for approximately 900 ill/premature newborns each year, and the majority of our babies go home days earlier than the national average.
- More than 2,500 children annually receive care in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) and Pediatric Medical/Surgical Unit.
- Western North Carolina’s only Child Life Program reduces the stress and anxiety of medical experiences through play, developmentally appropriate education for procedures and/or diagnoses, and expressive activities.
- Pediatric hospitalist team offers complete, coordinated inpatient care for patients admitted to the hospital while providing regular communication to the child’s pediatrician or primary care provider.
- 60 board certified pediatric subspecialists provide care in 22 different specialties.
- Pediatric support services including care management, pediatric nutrition, pharmacy and respiratory therapy services.
REUTER CHILDREN'S OUTPATIENT CENTER
Reuter Outpatient Center offers a full range of pediatric specialty services, all situated in a convenient outpatient setting.
- Mission Children’s Specialists — pediatric subspecialty practices treating patients in a number of areas
- Western North Carolina’s only dedicated pediatric radiology service offers on-site, fellowship-trained pediatric radiologists and pediatric magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with “movie goggles” that dramatically reduce anxiety and the need for medication
- Huff Therapies provides outpatient pediatric audiology and occupational, physical, and speech therapy
- Certified child life specialists helping craft safe and nurturing care environments for our patients
- Pediatric laboratory services